Al-Milal: Journal of Religion and Thought
English title of the first issue of Al-Milal Journal of Religion and Thought.
|Language||English, Urdu, Arabic|
|Edited by||Bilal Ahmad Qureshi|
Pakistan Society of Religions (Pakistan)
|Frequency||2 issues per year|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. CC BY NC|
|ISO 4||Find out here|
Al-Milal: Journal of Religion and Thought (AMJRT) is a double-blind peer reviewed, open access research journal of religions and thoughts published bi-annually by Pakistan Society of Religions (PSR), Islamabad. PSR was established in 2017 with wide consultancy of national and international scholarship in the field of comparative religions and thoughts for comprehensive and creative contribution in this esteemed field of study.
Journal Name: Al-Milal: Journal of Religion and Thought
Frequency: Bi-Annual (2 issues per year)
Nature: Print and Online
Submission via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Languages of Publication: English ,Arabic, Urdu
Scope and Significance
The significance of religion has increased to great extent in the contemporary world. Many religious and spiritual issues have become complex for a common man. Answers to these diverse issues can only be sought in pure and practical research in the field of Religions. The revelation of God can solve the issues of suffering humanity. In this scenario, Pakistan Society of Religions - Islamabad has launched its research journal, ‘Al-Milal.’ Al-Milal is meant to facilitate research scholars in creating comprehensive and global understanding of religions and thoughts with peace, respect and diversity.
Moreover, the research journal, Al-Milal, is based on Islamic thought of a renowned Muslim theologian Muhammad bin Abdul Karim Al-Shahrastānῑ (1086-1158 CE) and the name of the journal is derived from his historic book on the study of religions, al-Milal wa’l-nihal (means Religions and Sects).
With these vital goals and sacred objectives, Pakistan Society of Religions -Islamabad has launched its research journal. Al-Milal is meant to facilitate research scholars in creating a comprehensive and global understanding of different religions and thoughts. In addition, it aims to address the modern day issues in the light of the true teachings of Islam.
- One of the main objectives of Al-Milal is to develop a close linkage between the intellectuals and a common man of the society with the help of scholarly research. Moreover, this journal encourages scholars in enhancing their research across religions with its philosophical, sociological and psychological studies.
- It also aims to promote scholarly research on contemporary issues and complexities of modern-day world in addition to the contemporary and traditional approach of research.
- Al-Milal welcomes academic researchers to get their writings published on a vast range of topics of Comparative Religion I.e. Interfaith studies, Interreligious Dialogue, Theology of religions, Islamic and Modern and Western Thought, Orientalism etc.
- This journal also provides analytical reviews on contemporary and historical books and legends of different religions and commentaries on various religious and spiritual issues.
- Moreover, Al-Milal believes in diversity, tolerance and fruitful scholarly discussions and researches. Thus, it welcomes faculty members from various universities national & international, as well as freelance researchers to publish their manuscripts and research works related to Islamic and Religious studies, without any racial or religious discrimination.
- Lastly, it seeks to publish manuscripts and articles after double blind peer review process, which is adhered to the magazine and carried out by leading scientists and specialists in Islamic & Religious Studies in order to enhance Islamic and scientific research that has close linkages with the society.